23-02-05 Sermon Questions
Sermon Discussion Questions for Home Church and others
Luke 7:36-50, Do You See this Woman?
- Opening: Share about a memorable dinner party in which you were host or guest.
- If you had a chance to meet Jesus, how would you feel and what would you say or do? (We see two models in this story, Simon and the woman – which one resonates?)
- What has Jesus done for you?
- Jesus preaches in his Sermon on the Plain, “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you” (Luke 6:37-38). Think of instances in which your judgmental, condemning nature arises (whom do you write off for being a “sinner”?). How might Jesus help you to release this tendency?
- Consider Jesus’ response to the woman. In the context of this story, what might it look like this week for you to “live like Jesus,” as our vision statement says?