Luke 9:10-17, “Overflowing”
Theme: Jesus receives our “not-enough” and makes it overflow.
1. Opening: Share your most memorable experience being in a large crowd.
2. The disciples don’t have enough to do what Jesus asks of them. Where in your life do you especially encounter the feeling of being inadequate or unequipped to do what Jesus asks?
3. How does Jesus involve the disciples in the miracle? How might this involvement apply to Jesus’ work in your own life? If you had a Big Hairy Audacious Goal from God, the dream of a 5000-person feast, what would it be?
4. This is the only miracle, besides Jesus’ resurrection itself, that is reported in every gospel. Discuss why that might be.
5. Share a story, if you can, of offering your “not-enough” to God and seeing God make it overflow in response.