Sermon Discussion Questions for Home Church and others
Luke 15:1-7(32), “Joy Overflowing”
Theme: God goes out, at great personal cost, to seek the lost, then rejoices extravagantly when the lost is found. He invites us to do the same.
1. Opening: Do you use emojis? Which one do you use most often? When do you use the emoji “Face with Tears of Joy”?
2. These parables are familiar to many of us. What did God draw your attention to today?
3. Who are the “tax collectors and sinners” of our day? How do we grumble like the Pharisees?
4. What helps you to experience the joy of being found by Jesus?
5. What step might you—individually or as a group—take to grow in joy as part of Jesus’ search team for lost sheep?