Sermon Discussion Questions for Home Church and others
Luke 18: 9-14, “Made Righteous”
Theme: God declares righteous those who humble themselves before him.
- Opening: What’s a “how-to” task you recently Googled (or researched with books, articles, videos, experts, etc)?
- Why (or how) is the tax collector “justified” (or “declared righteous”), in contrast to the Pharisee?
- What’s the relationship between repentance and obedience?
- How is Jesus’ parable reassuring and/or convicting for you? What’s one commitment you will make in response to this passage?
- How might the Faith Church community look different (if at all), if we truly leaned into the truths of this parable?