Home Church Questions October 2
October 2, 2022
Ephesians 4:7-8, 11-13; 1 Peter 4:7-11, “Diversity: God’s Many-Coloured Grace”
Theme: Triune God gives, from God’s many-coloured grace, a diversity of grace-gifts to be used with passion and love for a glorious common purpose.
- Opener (a safe topic of disagreement!): If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
- What is a grace-gift God has given you? How are you using it? Remember that the gifts listed in Scripture are only examples. Ask others for help if needed.
- Consider one position or priority you hold to strongly. Complete these two sentences: “If we get this wrong, I fear losing ___.” “Deep down, my position arises out of my deep love/value for ___.” Now – think about someone you disagree with, and do the same thing for that person’s position, if you can. Can you find shared ground, a shared purpose?
- What is one way that today’s discussion or sermon has shifted your perspective or your ability to respond well to diversity of opinion / position / priorities in the Body of Christ (Faith Church or broader)?
- Our next Service Worship Sunday is October 30. Is there an organization or cause your group is passionate about, which you could serve together for Service Worship? The deacons would like to equip us as Home Churches to take more ownership this year – to become partners with the deacons in coordinating Service Worship sites, and extending that service into the rhythm of our Home Church year. Appoint someone from your group to share with a deacon what you’ve discussed and to ask for help with next steps.