Sermon Discussion Questions, September 18
“The Gift and Goal of Unity” – Ephesians 4:1-16
Theme: Unity in the church is God’s gift to celebrate and a challenging goal to reach for.
1. Catch up after months apart: share about a time you experienced God’s love this summer.
2. Opener: What images or stories come to mind when you hear the word “journey”? or “together on a journey”?
3. When you experience conflict with other people, do you typically try to avoid it, engage it in an aggressive manner, or something else?
4. Share a story of how the experience of engaging conflict in a healthy way helped you to grow.
5. Summarize from Ephesians 4:1-16: how is Christian unity both a gift from God and a goal to reach for? How can you individually or as a group celebrate God’s gift of unity, and/or commit to seeking deeper, more authentic unity this fall?