23-04-16 Sermon Questions
Sermon Questions – The Friendship of David and Jonathan 1 Sam. 18:1-16
1. Opening Question: Can you share an ‘unlikely friendship’ or a special friendship that you’ve had
in your life?
2. What was unique in the David and Jonathan story that isn’t in the children’s version you may
have learned as a child?
3. Can you share some scriptures that invite us into community and friendship? Here are some to
begin with: Hebrews 10:23-25, Proverbs 17:17, 1 Thess. 5:11, Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12 Proverbs
18: 24 Can you share some others?
4. Can someone share a story of a time when someone helped you find your strength in the Lord?
5. How does receiving the gift of friendship from someone offer a blessing to both people in the