Sermon Discussion Questions for Home Church and others
Acts 4:7-13, “Ordinary Men” (see also the story in Acts 3)
1. Opening: Talk about the idea of “ordinary.” What is ordinary in your life right now? Does ordinary give you positive or negative vibes, or both? (Why?)
2. What in this Bible story and/or sermon struck you about Peter and John?
3. What characterizes someone who has “been with Jesus” (Acts 4:13)? Share a story of someone who demonstrates they have “been with Jesus.”
4. What do you want to take with you from this sermon and/or discussion into the rest of the week (i.e., something the Holy Spirit has laid on your heart)?
5. (Extra) Last week you were invited to “Share an object from your own life that helps you remember God’s power and faithfulness to you.” If you haven’t done this exercise yet with your Home Church or household or a friend, consider doing so this week.