Thank you for joining us here today to worship. We encourage you to use these resources to hold your own worship service at home.
Welcome and God’s Greeting (Pastor Cara DeHaan)
Call to Worship (Leanne Bulthuis)
Songs of Worship
Prayer of Intercession
Scripture Reading: Matthew 25: 1-3
Message: “Jesus’ Last Sermon”
Song of Response (James Bosma)
For the Kids
For Discussion (or Home Church)
- The parable in Matthew 25:1-13 is about wise and foolish virgins or bridesmaids. Jesus refers to the wise and the foolish also during his Sermon on the Mount. Find this reference (hint: end of Matthew 7), and consider how it deepens our understanding of what Jesus means by wise and foolish.
- Pastor Cara suggested pausing the video to consider what your Last Lecture would be. If you haven’t done so, share with the group.
- Do you agree with Pastor Cara that a to-do list from Jesus is good news in this time? Why or why not?
- What might Jesus put on your to-do list for the coming week or month?
- How can your group pray for you and your loved ones this week?