Sermon Questions for Reflection and/or Discussion, October 22, 2023
Series: What the Spirit Says
Text: Revelation 2:18-29
Title: “Church, Give Me Alone your Heart!”
1. Opening: What do you like most (or least) about weddings?
2. Describe the church of Thyatira, using Revelation 2:18-29 (and Pastor Cara’s sermon). What’s going on? How is Faith Church like or unlike the church of Thyatira?
3. Pastor Cara explored the biblical image of Jesus as Bridegroom, the Church as his Bride (see, for example, Revelation 19:7). How does this analogy help you to understand your relationship with Jesus?
4. How did God’s Word most convict you today? Most encourage you?
5. If you can, share a story of how Jesus and his Holy Spirit have helped you to move away (repent) from compromise with secular culture (money, sexuality, other things that become idols) and to move toward (hold on to) Jesus.
6. “Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” Based on this letter, what is the Spirit saying to you? to Faith Church? How will you respond? Note: Anytime you reflect on what the Spirit is saying during this series, consider sharing your insights with others for communal encouragement, correction, accountability, and/or growth.